The History of Seaton Spring Water
Our premises, called The Waterworks, are steeped in history. Our headquarters, warehousing and secure borehole are all housed in the renovated Seaton Pumping Station, which dates back to 1896. In production from 1907 the station drew water from the limestone aquifer beneath to supply fresh water to communities in Durham, Cleveland, Northumberland and Tyne and Wear.
Full of character and charm, the building still maintains many of its original features. Steam powered until the late 50’s, at it’s height it drew 250,000 gallons a day from the source. With the completion of Kielder reservoir the station was taken out of everyday service until the Bulmer family restored it in the late 1990’s and restarted production to supply the North East business community with high quality drinking water.
Today, we service in excess of 2,000 coolers, only operating within the North East postcodes to ensure all our customers receive the highest quality service.
Freephone: 0800 0964 564